We are offering a special discount on all our courses for early registration. This offer represents 20% off the regular pricing and guarantees a spot. Sign in by 12/28/2019 to take advantage of this discount. We accept payment via PayPal, Check, or credit card via invoice from Quickbooks, at your request. See all the scheduled courses below:
|Adv. Interpretation V||1/11/2020||Sat. 10 a.m.||1.5||$ 45.00||
|Adv. Simultaneous V||1/25/2020||Sat. 10 a.m.||1.5||$ 45.00||
|Adv. Consecutive VI||2/8/2020||Sat. 10 a.m.||1.5||$ 45.00||
|Adv. Simultaneous VI||2/22/2020||Sat. 10 a.m.||1.5||$ 45.00||
|Adv. Terminology VII||3/14/2020||Sat. 10 a.m.||1.5||$ 45.00||
|Adv. Terminology VIII||3/28/2020||Sat. 10 a.m.||1.5||$ 45.00||
|GROUP 1: 6 COURSES||9HS.||$270||
|Tips for Exam Taking||4/11/2010||Sat. 10 a.m.||$ 45.00||
|Ethics I – Code of Ethics||4/25/2020||Sat. 10 a.m.||1.5||$ 45.00||
|Ethics II – Applied Ethics||5/9/2020||Sat. 10 a.m.||1.5||$ 45.00||
|Team Interpreting||5/23/2020||Sat. 10 a.m.||1.5||$ 45.00||
|Court Protocol||6/13/2020||Sat. 10 a.m.||1.5||$ 45.00||
|Use of Equipment||6/27/2020||Sat. 10 a.m.||1.5||$ 45.00||
|Group 2: 6 courses||SAT.||9 hs.||$270||
|STATE EXAM PREP. / SKILLS BUILDING III||1/7/2020 to 2/6/2020||Tue. Th.7.30 to 9 p.m. ET||15||$400||
|FEDERAL EXAM PREP./ SKILLS BUILDING IV- Spanish<>English||4/7/2020 to 5/7/2020||Tue. Th. 7.30 to 9 p.m. ET||15||$400||$320|
OFFER VALID TILL 12/28/2019
|Registration form for Black Friday Special- Please copy, fill and submit to this info to email@example.com|
|Courses (indicate your choice)|
|State Exam Prep.|
|Federal Exam Prep.|
|Payment info:||PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|check to||Victoria Dopazo: 28 Allegheny Ave. #1706, Towson, MD 21206|
|Most webinars are language neutral, except Federal Exam Prep./ Skills Building IV. This course is for preparation for the Federal Oral Exam in Spanish <> English.|
|All webinars are taught live, all are instructor-led.|
|If you miss the live session, you will be sent the recorded version that same week. You can also request to apply your registration to a future date.|
|All practice courses include materials, transcripts, recordings, glossaries, etc. All materials are yours to keep.|
|Certificates are issued upon completion. Courses are approved for CE units in many states:|
|for more information visit:|
|Contact me via email at email@example.com|
|Please be brief so I can punctually answer your question. I work in court full-time. I’ll respond ASAP.|
Consult the list of approved states on our webpage or check with your state. The list of states that approve courses keeps growing.
You can sign up for any of these webinars independently of each other.
Scroll down to see a more detailed description of the courses.
All webinars and courses are instructor-led, taught live by Victoria Dopazo.
Recorded versions of the webinars are provided to the students registered for further practice and also for the benefit of students that may miss the occasional webinar or arrive late. Live participation is always preferred.
All times published here are Eastern Standard Time.
Reserve a spot by registering via PayPal or Eventbrite. We only require 10% as a deposit for the longer courses. Apart from the dates published, we can offer other dates upon request of a minimum of two students registering to get the course started.
All practice courses are taught live and are also recorded. Participants will have access to the recorded webinar for one month following each lesson in order to review and practice further or to make up for missed lessons. All materials taught and homework assignments are emailed to participants for their personal use. Students are expected to practice between sessions following the instructor’s recommended methodology.
The dates are scheduled according to demand. It helps to know the dates in which you plan to take the exam so we try to schedule these courses accordingly. Send us an e-mail to request other dates. firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTENTS BY COURSE
Advanced Consecutive Interpretation Practice
- Intensive practice on consecutive interpretation.
- Hone your skills.
- Improve your technique.
Advanced Simultaneous Interpretation Practice
- Intensive practice on simultaneous interpretation,
- Hone your skills.
- Improve your technique.
- How to behave in the courtroom.
- What to do, how and when to do it.
- Where to position yourself.
- How to request permission, clarification, etc.
- How to correct the record.
- Code of Ethics of Professional Interpreters
- Cannons of the Code of Ethics used by State courts, NAJIT, US courts etc.
- An in-depth look at each of the cannons and what they mean.
- Applied Ethics.
- A practical look at how the code of ethics applies to different situations.
- Examples of ethical dilemmas.
- How to handle different situations.
- When to say NO, and how to say it.
- How to team interpret.
- When to request a colleague for an assignment.
- How to work as a team, helping and supporting your partner.
- How to protect the record, make corrections, confer, request help, be transparent.
- Use of equipment.
Tips for Taking Exam
- How to prepare for the exam. What counts.
- Concentrating on scoring units.
- How to render long consecutive.
- How much decalage to allow. Rendering units of meaning, when and how to pause.
- How to approach the different passages according to the mode of interpretation being tested.
Use of Equipment
- The benefits of using interpreting equipment.
- How to use it and when.
- When to mute it.
- How to deal with confidential interpretation.
- Situations in which you need to switch from simultaneous to consecutive interpretation while still using the equipment.
PRIVATE OR SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS
5 hours of private or semi-private instruction offered at $450 (minimum commitment)